I create breathtaking images
of people in love
I’ve been shooting weddings since 2009 and have spent countless hours over the years learning how to make beautiful photographs of all types of people. I’ve worked to master the arts of posing and lighting so that I can make you look your best in every photo, and transform what looks like an ordinary scene into a striking image that you never would have envisioned.
I like to create beautifully dramatic images. I like to craft photos that have visual impact, atmosphere, and mood. But I also love to capture a your genuine smile, or to make images of you with your friends having a great time, laughing and acting a little ridiculous. I delight in capturing simple, emotional moments between you and your loved ones that tell a story and have the power to bring back all the feelings that you experienced at that instant in time.
More About Me...
• I'm originally from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, and I used to be a high school teacher at a very small school district (as in graduating classes of less than 20 students!). I taught history and math at every grade level from 7 to 12.
• I get a lot of inspiration for my photography from film and television. I'm always learning from the way cinematographers use light to create atmosphere and evoke a certain mood, and thinking about how I can incorporate the same elements into my own work.
• I don't always get a strike when I bowl, but when I do... I do a heel click (dramatization below)
• I'm kind of obsessed with powerlifting. In January 2018, I tore my biceps tendon attempting to deadlift 650lbs. I started training again three days after my surgery, and six months later I pulled 700lbs for the first time.
• My girlfriend Amanda is also a wedding photographer, with her own business. We are always bouncing ideas off of each other, and we occasionally shoot together as well. It's awesome that I get to share the thing that I'm most passionate about with the person I love.
Some of my favorite things:
• Movie: Memento - I've lost count of how many times I've watched it
• TV Show: Breaking Bad and The Leftovers (it's a tie)
• Band: The Decemberists - I've seen them live four times... so far
• Beer: Wizard Burial Ground
• Moustache style: Handlebar
I’m located in Grand Rapids, MI and available for weddings anywhere. Wedding collections start at $2995 including full day coverage and a custom designed wedding album. If you're interested in hiring me, the first step is to get in touch and see if I'm available for your wedding date. Fill out the form below to send me a message and find out!
You can also give me a call at 616-490-4071 or email email@example.com – I look forward to hearing from you!